Friday, February 11, 2011

Viva la revolution!


I have to be honest. Sometimes I think of Church as cheesy. Am I allowed to say that? Sometimes I look at the rut we get into and think church is worthless. We go on Sunday, dressed to impress and ready to stare at the worship team as they sing songs. We close our eyes as the pastor prays, then we listen to him talk about his educated knowledge of the bible afterwards we go home and get on with enjoying the rest of the afternoon. To me, this seems like a morning that could translated as worthless. But this weekly ritual is meant for two things: to create community and to feed us. If executed in the right heart, this is far from cheesy! It’s a downright revolution!
            Church itself has nothing to do with the clothes we wear or the day of the week we attend. Church is intended for people who want to be in community with others who share a hunger and thirst for knowledge and a love for God. But it’s also intended for so much more....


Thank you to my 'community' for being so authentic and thirsty!

2 comments:

  1. Thank YOU for being such a huge part of what makes the community awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Church is cheesy, it's ok to write that. And, btw, I am glad I married such a smart and authentic man.

    ReplyDelete